Rosso Piceno – D.O.C.
- VINE VARIETY: Sangiovese 30% – Montepulciano 70%
- FIRST VINTAGE: 2006
- VINIFICATION: The grapes are destalkes and lightly pressed, then undergo maceration for a maximum of eight days in steel fermentation vats. As soon as the alcoholic fermentation is finished, the wine starts the malolactic fermentation. It is then aged in steel for about seven months. Six months in bottle completes the ageing process.
- BOUQUET / TASTE: Intense, lingering refined; pleasant sensations of ripe red fruit and jam. Savoury, dry, quite tannic and soft; first scents of red fruit and then slightly spicy notes.
- PAIRINGS: Pasta with tomato and meat sauce, vegetable soups (specially with spices or meat), raw light and well-seasoned sausages. Ideal for red or tpo-round meats and not too spicy and mid-seasoned cheeses.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16° – 18°
- TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS: 12.5 – 13.5 % vol